1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
lived in an apartment with a boy, worked at a camp for special needs children, watch the candidate i voted for get inagurated as president.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i didn't make any, but i'm going to make some general ones for this year. (lose weight, exercise more, cut out soda, read more classic literature...generally make myself into a better person)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
my cousin kate had the most adorable little red headed baby.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countrys did you visit?
stayed state side.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
a job at school, money, motivation
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
july 24-26 sally's cabin weekend
july 30-august 2 visit to new england with tu crew
it was a good summer, haha
8. What is your greatest achievement of the year?
becoming more confident and mature, fully realizing that i'm destined to be a teacher and that i was fooling myself otherwise
9. What was your biggest failure?
not feeling motivated this semester, not losing weight when i really should have
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
not really, i was super sick one weekend in october but nothing major. no swine '09.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
haha, my north face polar fleece. i may sound like THAT GIRL, but it's the truth.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
first and foremost my papa. even though he is getting worse and worse by the day, every time i see him i still see a strength and courage that most people lose after what he has been through. he is one of the strongest people that i know and going through terminal cancer has only proved this to me.
my mom for continuing to be a strong woman, my dad for always making me laugh, my brother for maturing into a good kid, and all of my friends for being them. i am obsessed with the people in my life.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
no ones really, it was a good year in terms of people.
14. Where did most of your money go?
food and clothes.
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
going home after freshman year and going back to school after summer. it's a cycle that i am happy with.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
party in the usa, if i could turn back time, jumper
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) happier or sadder?
happier, this time last year i was looking up what i would have to do to transfer schools. now i couldn't imagine leaving temple and my friends there.
b) thinner or fatter?
fatter, but not by much. i hate myself for this.
c) richer or poorer?
poorer, by a lot. it sucks not graduating every year.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
have my guard up
20. How did you spend Christmas?
my aunt and cousins came and we opened presents and played the wii all day.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
yes, i fell further in love with my friends.
22. How many one-night stands?
365, one for every day of the year.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
the office, glee, community, gossip girl (i'm not going to lie)
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
i'm only in the middle of unaccostumed earth by jhumpa lahiri but it is hands down the best. so plainly written but beautiful. the stories are so poignant. i also reread dress your family in corduroy and denim by david sedaris which is still the funnist book ever written in my mind.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
cloud cult, monsters of folk, she & him, ted leo
27. What did you want and get?
this is going to be cheesy, but happiness. i was uncharacteristically unhappy at this time last year and i am happy that those days are over. this year may not have been the most spectacular of my life, but something can be said for being happier.
28. What did you want and not get?
i can't really think of anything. except a million dollars.
29. What was your favorite film of the year?
inglorious basterds, up, district 9
30. What did you do on your birthday?
had a taco feast with my friends, danced in the rain to michael jackson, and played frisbee at dickinson
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
motivation and a job, which kind of go hand in hand.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
old navy, whatever flattered and fit my body. it was a rough year in this department but i like a bunch of things that i got this year. i wouldn't say i have a fashion concept.
33. What kept you sane?
my mom and my friends, 717 and tu.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
john krasinki, barack obama
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
i think living with a gay man made me more and more upset about gay rights issues. i want everyone to be happy in their choices. (not that i didn't always care about this one, just more personal now)
36. Who did you miss?
my family and 717ers when i'm at school.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
no one really, but i became a lot closer with a lot of people.
38. Tell us a valuble life lesson you learned in 2009?
just relax. and just dance.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"so i put my arms up, playing my song, butterflys fly away"