today my dad, brennan, and i continued our 19 (15 with all of us) tradition of christmas eve shopping. every year, we go out and get my mom's presents and brennan and i both get to pick an early present. i'm sure it started as my dad going last minute, but i really love our little tradition.
here are some highlights from today's trip, because it was crankier than most.
- brennan and i buying my dad's present in cvs and him thinking it was "ass wipes"
- brennan buying the worst gummies ever and ending up throwing them at my dad's car from across the wal mart parking lot.
- my dad asking brennan to get me a "super buffet" or "matress warehouse" gift card and brennan going into both places to ask if they did gift cards then walking right out.
- telling the boys that jayda thinks hall & oates are nerdy. brennan getting offended. my dad explaining what nerd means. ("in my day, a nerd was someone who farted in the bathtub and ate the bubbles")
- my dad using the word "unfurl" to tell my brother to unfold a poster. brennan making fun of him. 20 minutes later my dad gets mad at brennan and this conversation occured:
dad- i'm about to unfurl something
brennan- if you fart, i'm outta here
- trying to pick out a new santa for my mom's collection, each involving an animal. calling her to say, "ok mom, a donkey, an elephant, a sheep, and a squirrel walk into a bar. which one do you sit beside?". she hung up on us. we chose the santa riding a donkey. it's nicer than it sounds.
i love my boys.
merry christmas, everyone.