Wednesday, October 28, 2009

stuck inside the groove

i just got a pang of homesick. "why georgia" came on my itunes and i automatically felt an urge for the suburbs. for carlisle. for my parents. for my 717 friends. but i feel all sorts of weird, because i feel like it's not for home as it is now, but home as it was 2 years ago. senior year home. high school home. driving to kings gap at dusk with jayda and laura kelly home. go karting and spending 3 hours in the coldstone parking lot home. harassing mr. erb on a daily basis home. sharing a locker with jayda home. being picked up by sally every morning home. picking laura up in the cancun parking lot home. going sledding at nate's home. spending friday nights in basements home. everything that reminds me of home home.
i don't want to go back to that time, because that is in the past, but i wish that i could go home and everything would still be the same. and while i know that they won't, it's nice to think back on them. nostalgia is good sometimes.


jimmy, you shouldn't leave me in the room by myself for this long. i think too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment